Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hitchcock on Bainbridge -- Gnocchi and Mussels


Whoa! That was one tasty dinner.

So tasty that most of my pictures are of half eaten food because I was so busy eating that I forgot to take pictures.

Hitchcock has been on Bainbridge for one year and we only just got around to visiting last night. It's a little pricey, so we need to be more careful about ordering or save it for special occasions (or, go for Happy Hour from 5-6 and for lunch, starting June 1st).

The picture above is of the profiteroles that Don ordered for dessert and the orange sorbet and hazelnut cookie I had. They were both really good.

Do you always forget what the difference is between sorbet and sherbet? Me too! In fact, I think different people have different definitions, but here's one.


Olive pits from the olives we ordered as an appetizer.
 
We also had grilled asparagus -- smoky and wonderful -- with a saffron hollandaise sauce. 

Don had potato gnocchi with asparagus and a yummy green sauce.
 
I had mussels--a bit too salty. I would try something else next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment