Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pizza and Salad -- Again!

 
We eat a lot of pizza and salads. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Who wouldn't want pizza and salad for dinner every night, I ask you?

Tonight's was a pretty basic version -- tomato sauce, goat cheese, mushrooms, basil and a bit of Parmesan on top. Click here, and here for other pizzas I've posted about.

Lately I've been using the pizza stone I've owned for about 20 years. I used it once or twice way back when, but the pizza stuck, so I stopped using it. Now, I just put the pizza on a cookie sheet directly on the stone so sticking is not a problem. It really does help crisp up the crust.

Every once in awhile I like salad with just lettuce. Period. Then I toss it first with olive oil, the vinegar, then salt and pepper.

But most of the time, I like to load up salad with lots of other healthy treats. Tonight's salad had: watercress, red leaf lettuce, left-over radish sprouts, left-over green beans, left-over basil leaves, and half a left-over half avocado --  aha, a pattern emerges!
 
We had really great peaches for dessert. The first of the season for us. Sprinkled with lime juice and sugar and left to macerate for just a bit while we ate dinner. So good -- they didn't need yogurt (which I sometimes thicken and put on top of fruit) or ice cream or anything.
 
I buy this frozen pizza dough at Central Market.

 
The dough starts out in a fairly small circle.


I try for a vaguely rectangular shape to fit my cookie sheet. Also, I use whole-wheat flour when I roll it out, so by the end of the process, I figure that the crust is half white and half whole-wheat.

Voila!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment