Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I had a red pepper that I needed to use, so decided to make Sloppy Joes for dinner last night. They’re so wonderfully retro.
I decided to have carrot and raisin salad with Sloppy Joes because 1) I like carrot and raisin salad,  2) it too has a retro feel and 3) Don gave me a food processor for my birthday and I wanted to use the grating blade. 
Sloppy Joes
Sauté @ 1/2 cup chopped onion and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
Add 1 finely chopped red bell pepper and sauté until soft. 
Remove the vegetables and cook ½ lb. of hamburger. Drain it well.
Add the vegetables back in along with @ 1/2  cup to ¾ cups of ketchup, a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce and a few shakes of Tabasco sauce. Heat thoroughly. 
I sometimes add additional ketchup or some water to get the right consistency—you’ll know it when you see it. Last night I had some left-over corn from chicken enchiladas the night before, so I added about 1/2 cup.
Serve over buns heated in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment